We’re at the final day of my 21 day declutter challenge.
I’m floored with how fast time have flown. It feels like the beginning of September was just a few days ago, and here we are on Sept 25th and at the end off this particular journey.
I set out on my 21 day challenge to try to get back into the decluttering mindset, little did I know that I would end up running amok in my own house. Not only have I passed my 21 days with flying color (I have surpassed the goal of 231 items, and I have decluttered every day) but I still have quite a few items just waiting to leave the house.
I thought it would be hard to find the 231 items, as I have decluttered quite a bit the last few years. But this time around my mind have been more determined than ever, and there are items that have survived all my other culling’s, that have left or will be leaving the house, this time around.
It seems like every time I do another round, I’m harder on my stuff, they have to have more qualities to survive my culling’s. And I’m noticing a trend of wanting less and less, left in my house.
It’s a good trend, as long as I just don’t get to the stage where I “throw the baby out with the bath water”, so to speak. Now.. I believe I can easily do another challenge or two, before I get to that particular stage 😉
So how have I done, on this last day of challenge?
Here we go….
?? items going out-the-door!
1 large floor vase
1 bench (to sit on or use as a table)
21 pieces of jewelry
1 jewelry pouch
1 small ironing board
17 Eagle creek and other brands packing cubes/bags
14 pieces of random stuff
1 pair of boots
2 kitchen towels
That’s 21 x 3, baby!!!!
Not bad for the challenges final day, if I may say so myself 😉
How have I done throughout this challenge?
My final count = 380 items out-the-door!
And you know what? I’m not even done yet 😉
I’ve been joined in this challenge by:
– Barb, at Decluttering The Stuff, 14 days. Total count: 146.
– Melinda, at PurpleSlobinRecovery, is still deep into her filing cabinet…
– Grace, at The CFO MOM Blog, has gotten rid of 12-13 bag/boxes of stuff!
– Jen, at The Hidden Hoarder, is taking a day off, she have shed amazingly 671 items so far.
– Gilly over at Anything but housework, just got rid of 11 trash bags from her closet!
– Liliia at Bring your baby abroad have been visiting her mum and decluttered her old room.