I’m sure you are all wondering if there have been any result from my pseudo packing party, at least with regards of items out-the-door!
I’m happy to say that yes, there have been 😉
There aren’t any big ticket items that I’ve found I can get rid off, but there have been a bunch of the little things. Those items that hide in between the stuff that is easily “seen”. The items you don’t notice because they are just part of the rest of the stuff or collection or… you get my drift 😉
I am a bit shocked when it comes to my bedroom. Since I wasn’t doing my closet, I really didn’t think there was much left to toss, as I have cleared the place numerous times… but it turns out, there were, as you can see from below 😉
So let’s get to it. How did I do? Well, here it is, 87 items out-the-door!
Bathroom – 33 items
- Bunch of cosmetics, brushes, nail files, nail clippers – 16 items
- Bunch of creams and lotions – 7 items
- Hair stuff – 2 items
- 1 body brush
- Bunch of random stuff – 5 items
- Bunch of contacts lenses I can’t use – count as 1
- 1 towel rack
Bedroom – 54 items
- 1 old worn out small backpack, it’s travelled just about every place with me, it’s sad to see it go, but it’s beyond repair..
- 1 laptop cover
- 1 broken bracelet, that I’m obviously not going to fix as it’s been like this for the last three years
- 1 broken hanger
- 1 jewellery/watch tray
- 8 jewellery boxes
- Purse cover bag + some plastic cover bags – count as 1
- Bunch of small tubes of massage oil, aeons old and probably no longer useful – count as 2 as I had 2 bags of them
- 1 magnetic picture frame, never used
- 4 instant hand warmers (bought for a bike trip long time ago, and never used)
- 1 hand sanitizer and 1 bottle of ?? (for the same bike trip) – count as 2
- 1 ice pack (Bought long time ago when I was a goalie (handball and soccer), I’m only keeping one bag for emergencies)
- 2 covers for hanging clothes
- 1 funny scroll about Norwegians (damn, I forgot to take a picture of the text before I tossed it 😦 )
- 5 bags for packing stuff when you travel (I have several, and these I’ve never used)
- 18+ pieces of misc stuff
- 3 wall posters
- 1 wall poster tube
As you probably know I’ve started on a small pseudo packing party challenge. I started out last weekend with my bathroom, as I thought that would be an easy place to start, since there is a limit to how much I can actually fit in my tiny bathroom 😉
This weekend my bedroom was up. My rules stipulate that I pack up on Fridays, and unpack on Mondays. Just like with the bathroom, I started up a day or two early, to give me a few more days with an “empty” bedroom.
I boxed up everything in the bedroom with the exception of my medical drawer and my clothes.
Why didn’t I pack up my wardrobe? Well, I’ve been chipping away at my clothing for the last couple of years, and the result is that I have gotten rid of at least half of what’s in my closet. And since I’m pretty happy with where my closet is right now, I didn’t feel the need to remove it all, and then just hang it right back up. So there.. I kinda figured since it’s my party, I get to do what I want to 😉
Turn’s out, that not packing my clothing and shoes, there wasn’t much left. I emptied all the drawers and it still only amounted to one box, as I actually managed to clear out a few more items from what have survived earlier culling. I couldn’t believe there was anything left to get rid off.. but obviously there was.. guess that was the reason for this packing party after all.. to really get down to the nitty grittys 😉
Below are a few pictures of my bedroom “decluttered”! Having it empty have made me realise I need to get some art up on the walls, as the room is quite bare. I have in general been extremely slow at decorating my walls. Maybe that can be a small project, for when I’m done with my packing party.
Now for my partners “in crime”!
- Moving Forward is doing her cupboards. So far she’s done her bathroom.
- All-Round Better me – is back from travel and seems to be deep into some decluttering tasks again!
- Every Week Is Green – just mentioned she might join us.. it will be fun to see if she does…
Next room – Hmm.. let’s see…. I think… living room! Anyone?
You are wondering about the stuff going out-the-door? Well… for the time being I’m piling it all in a heap in my guest room. I will write it all up in a post, when I’m through with my packing party… it’s going to be fun to see how much it actually amounts to by the time I’m done 😉
I’m sorry to say, but my old goose down duvet has to go. There is a ridiculous amount of down and feathers that are flying around every time I change the duvet cover. And I have to admit, it’s getting a bit tedious having to vacuum “half the house” just because I want a clean bed 😉
In Norway the normal bedding exists of a fitted sheet that we sleep on, a down/feather or synthetic duvet, covered with a duvet cover, that we sleep under and a couple of pillows.
It’s not the norm like I’ve seen in US, to just sleep under a thin sheet, or sleep under a sheet that’s between us and the duvet/blanket. Because I don’t use that extra sheet, I change the duvet covers pretty often. So you can see how flying down/feathers is becoming a problem.
I’ve had my duvet for years, so it’s not really all that surprising it’s throwing in the towel. Thankfully I have an extra duvet laying around so I don’t need to go and buy another one (which is really good as they are expensive over here, if you want a decent one).
My dear duvet!
Today I have to say goodbye 😦 I’m sad to see our parting ways, because you have served me well all these years.
You have always been there!
To keep me nice and warm on chilly nights. You have been around for sad days and sick days, allowing me to hide under the covers. You’ve been around for snuggle days, reading or watching tv in my living room. You’ve even been outside with me once or twice, on beautiful winter days just sitting enjoying the weather.
You’ve seen me at my best and my worst, and you’ve followed me from home to home.
Sadly this is the end of the road for you. I would have loved to reuse you for something, but I’m not sure what that would be right now. Refurbish you is to expensive, compared to replacements. And you know that your goose down brother, who is “hanging” around in my closet, is chopping at the bits to come out to play.
So long, my trusted friend!