HAPPY 2017 EVERYONE!
I can’t believe we are two weeks into the new year already, it feels like it was only yesterday I was hanging out the window watching all the fireworks 😉
It’s been a busy couple of weeks, of which I’ll tell you more about later 🙂
I’m not really one for making a lot of new years resolutions, and I’m not about to make any big ones now either.
BUT, I have decided that 2017 is the year to get my s@!t done (pardon the french).
I tend to have all sorts off projects in the making, and never really getting them properly off the ground. Like my paper clutter scan and purge (that went belly up before Christmas), my photo collection scan and purge that I have been planning the last “few” years, my read a book program that I’m still not done with, and I could go on….
So I think it’s time I put some serious elbow grease into this, and get some of this stuff done, once and for all!!!
And I can’t think of any better way to get started, than kicking it off, with the earlier promised 21 day declutter challenge!
I know a lot of you have started this years decluttering already, and I am a little late to the party, but you know what they say, better late than never 😉
Now for some “rules”:
- Out-the-door – at least 231 items. Since this is a 21 day mini version of The Minimalists MinsGame, where the concept is day 1 = 1 item, day 2 = 2 items and so on up to day 21 = 21 items. 21 days makes for 231 items.
- I will be jumbling the days, which means that some days I might be getting rid off a lot and some days there will be less. As long as the total is more that 231, I’m good 😉
- As my health is still not quite up to par (as you probably have gathered from lack of postings lately), I will only be counting the days I actually do some decluttering. Which means MY 21 days challenge might take a week or three longer than everyone else’s. I hope that is OK with you all 😀
Well, now that the rules have been set, I’ll be kicking it all off… tomorrow!
That should give you guys ample time, to join in 😉
Now it’s up to the rest of us to catch up a little.. what do you say Melinda, are you in?
Anyone else? Let me know, and I’ll link to you as we move along
See you all tomorrow 🙂
Looking at my latest blog posts it’s looking a lot like a “travel” site, rather than a minimalist journey site. Now there are reasons for this as I’ve been traveling a bit this summer (only short trips) and my heart these days have been focused more on future travels than decluttering my life.
The last few years, I’ve been doing really good. I’ve been focused, been counting the items leaving the house, and I have slowly but surely seen the result of my decluttering efforts.
This year! Not so much 😦
I could say, it’s been quite the opposite… I’ve done nothing, nada, zilch on the declutter front, and it’s time, it is TIME to get with the program.
I figured that September is a good a month as any, to get back on the declutter wagon. You know, put a little focus into it, just to get the ball rolling!
So, this is what I’m thinking… Why not make myself a tiny 21 day challenge, sort of like I
did tried earlier this year, with my blog writing. But a declutter challenge, this time around!
So what is it going to be? Well, I could off course give myself a hairy goal of oodles of things out the door… but as the intention of this is to get back into to groove of things (rather than set myself up for failure), I’m going to do tiny steps… tiny, tiny steps, just to make sure I have a chance, to get myself back into the habit.
So here it is! My goals for this challenge:
- I will dedicate at least 15 minutes a day to decluttering, every day, without fail.
- At the end of each week, I will give you an update of what went out-the-door.
- Out-the-door – hopefully 231 items. Why 231? Well… even thought I’m going for tiny steps, I shouldn’t make it too easy on myself.. should I? I was trying to find the perfect number of items out-the-door and thought.. hey.. why not do a kind of mini version of The Minimalists MinsGame, that should give me just enough challenge. Declutter the amount of items corresponding with the day. Day 1 = 1 item, day 2 = 2 items and so on up to day 21 = 21 items. Total = 231.
And I’m starting Monday.
Monday marks the beginning of the week, and I figured that would be a great day to start it all up 🙂
Want to join me, on my 21 day challenge, my teensy weensy MinsGame?
Yes! Cool! Let me know and we can do it together!
Caught you off guard? Just jump in any day… anything out-the-door, is golden 🙂