I mentioned the other day I was cooking broth for future use. And as a result.. my cooktop blew up!
Part 2 of the cooktop/broth cooking saga:
So, we got this cooktop safely into the house. As usual (as happens when I get new stuff) I got a slightly more expensive cooktop that what the original repair would have been.
When I bought my last one, I got one that had gotten very good reviews and was somewhat expensive. It fitted nicely into the house, and worked brilliantly (until I just had to push the limit).
So this time around, I figured I would get a decent one, more or less in the same price bracket as what I paid for my old one (as I had been really happy with it).
When you buy new electric items these days, it’s quite common that they will try to sell you/offer you an extra coverage insurance to go with the product.
I never buy these extra coverage insurances (as we are really well protected with regular warranties here in Norway).. but this time around they offered it for free. The offer was, either 45 dollars off the purchase price, or a 5 year user insurance worth 90 dollars.
As the insurance will give you a new product if you for example drop something on the cooktop, and the glass break, I figured, why not! That might be a good idea, even though I have never had that happen to me before. So I said yes thank you, I’ll take the insurance, thinking, I would never ever need this…
Little did I know… it was an omen of things to come!
Yesterday… while moving a coconut oil jar across the cooktop… the jar and the top (which I was holding) decided to divorce each other and BANG the glass jar hit the cooktop and shards flew everywhere!
Oh, noooooo.. that sinking feeling looking down at a brand spanking new broken cooktop…
I think I give up…
This batch of broth is becoming awfully expensive (note to self.. next time just buy the darn thing in the shop).
A couple of you mentioned in your comments on my last post, that you would take the top breaking to be a sign to never cook again… well.. I’m inclined to agree with you…
So now what?
Well now, I have to wait until tomorrow, to call the insurance company and see what they have to say about it. In the meantime… I’m glad I haven’t tossed my old half working one, as it looks like I might just need it 😦
The saga continues…