Last week I was nominated for the Liebster blog award! How cool is that! Just three months into this blogging world 😉
The whole thing caught me completely by surprise. This is kind of random, and unexpected, and totally flattering… and it has taken me a few days to get it together. Thank you, Sandra at It’s Tidy Time for this wonderful gift.
Receiving the nomination, I got a little curious, what on earth is The Liebster Blog Award?
As far as I can see, nobody really know for sure, how or when this award started. But what I’ve gathered, is that it started as an idea, to recognize new bloggers. It’s given to bloggers by other bloggers, in order to create new connections, welcome them and bring attention to their wonderful blogs. COOL 🙂 As I find out more, I’ll put it together on a separate page
A short summary for now:
- It’s on the internet only, as a virtual award.
- It is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- “Liebster” is a German word, meaning dearest or beloved, but it can also mean favourite.
- It follows the principles of a “chain letter”, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
- Each of us choose if we want to; accept it, and continue paying it forward or refuse it.
- The “rules” have changed over time, so now several sets of rules exist.
- It seems to have been started in Germany, late 2010.
- Earliest reference I’ve found so far, is to a post on a German site December 19th, 2010.
Now back to my nomination 🙂
Thank you, Sandra over at It’s Tidy Time for nominating me for my first award, ever 🙂
Here are the RULES received from Sandra – not the original ones from back in 2010 – but a different set:
- Thank the rockin’ blogger that nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions you were given
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 500 followers
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Tag your nominees and post a comment in their blog so they know they’ve been nominated!
ANSWERS to the questions I was given:
1. Where do you like to blog? Since it’s been winter since I started my blog, I blog at home, mostly curled up in my sofa with my laptop/ipad.
2. Who is your main inspiration in life? I don’t’ think I have a main inspiration, there are so many to be inspired by. A few:
– my friends Lisa and Mia for following their dreams, love you girls!
– Ed, for being the best dad ever (and my best friend), love you sweetheart 🙂 (and no, we’re not dating 😉 )
– my dad, who sadly passed away less than a year ago
– my step-mum for putting her “best foot forward” after loosing dad, after 30 odd years
– and there are so many more, way to many to count, so I won’t…
3. How do you feel about winter? Living on the west coast of Norway, winters tend to be wet and grey! So I gotta admit I love the season of sun and warmth! But if you give me a couple of cold, sunny snow filled days? Then we’re talking…
4. What was the happiest day of your life? Happiest day, oh gosh, there are so many, how to choose? So I won’t, and leave at it that 😉
5. Which movie makes you laugh out loud, literally? It’s Complicated, with Meryl Streep, Steve Martin and Alex Baldwin
– the Skype scene in it, just about had me fall out of my movie theatre seat, I was laughing so hard.
6. What’s your favourite candy? Why! Chocolate, off course 😉
7. If you could be any animal, what would it be and why? TIGER. They are confident, strong, independent, both solitary and social animals. I don’t know if it is because I would want to be like them, or because I am like them, that they appeal to me. I actually think it’s both! I can be both strong, independent, solitary and social. I think it’s the confidence the tiger has, that I wish I had little bit more off.
8. Android or iPhone? Both
9. What would be your favourite country to visit?
Counties I’ve already been to – US – I have so many friends there
Countries I’ve never been to – Africa – I’ve always wanted to go there
10. Coffee or tea? Hmmm, Cafe Mocha – does that count?
11. What would your dream retirement scenario look like? Dream retirement! Living in a warmer climate, close to the beach, hanging out with friends, sipping margaritas 😉 and having the financial freedom to travel as much as I want.
Okay, this is going to be difficult. Hmmm, let’s see… Voila! I pass The Liebster Award to – in no apparent order 😉
The Next 50 Years
Living not Wanting
365 minus 1
Musings from a Tangled Mind
Journey thru L
Me Woman You Man
For the Love of Loving Things
There are a couple of blogs I would have loved to nominate – but they have more than 500 followers – so I’ll call them honorary mentions 😉
Simply Save – just squeaking by the 500 mark – already a Liebster – but absolutely worth a check
Life Out of the Box – I love how they use their time giving back to world by supporting school kids in less fortunate countries
Turquoise Compass – makes me want to buy a backpack – I wish I was 20 again…
QUESTIONS to my nominees
1. What is the one thing you are proud of?
2. If you won the lottery, by a substantial amount (so money was no longer a factor), what would you do?
3. Your absolute favourite dessert?
4. What three words do you think your closest friends would use to describe you and what three words would you use to describe yourself?
6. Your favourite quote?
7. Mountains or beach?
8. Can you sing?
9. What is number one on your bucket list?
10. Holy smokes! The apocalypse is here! Your family and pets are safe. You’re at home and can only take what you can carry. What do you save?
11. If you could have a teleportation device that connects your current location to one specific location, what would that location be and why?
12. You get a letter in the mail from 90-year-old you. She/He tells you 3 amazing things you’ve accomplished. What are those 3 things?
My final task, is to let the above bloggers know that I’ve tagged them.
I’m working on it. But you know what, I’ve been working on this for a while and I am anxious to get the post out of the “draft” folder, so I’m gonna go ahead and publish it and the individual notifications will show up eventually 😉
Auf Wiedersehen, mein Liebster’s 😉
19 thoughts on “Woohoo! A Liebster Award!!!”
Love your answers!! I hope your week has started outt great:) cheers!
WOW! That is really kind of you 🙂 Now trying to think of 11 more…I can not put you lol….because you already have it lol You would have been one of my picks as well 🙂 Thank you and congrats on yourself being a winner 🙂
🙂 can’t wait to see what fun stuff you come up with on questions and answers 😉 you know, you really don’t have to come up with 11 nominees if you can’t, originally it was 3-5 😉 guess it have “grown” over the years…
Congrats on your award! Well deserved! And thank you for the honorary nomination!
Any time, any time 😉 I really like your site, so I thought I’d share!
Congratulations and thanks for the nod! I’ll do my best to respond and share the love!
I have no doubt you’ll come up with something really good, can’t wait to read it.
Thanks for the honorary mention! You are amazing! I’ve been blessed to connect with you!
Jessica, Turquoise Compass
LikeLiked by 1 person
And I’m lucky to have connected with you as well. You’re site make my travel heart sing, so why would I not share? 🙂
So happy to hear! You are awesome!
Congrats! It’s so heartwarming to be recognized by fellow bloggers. And after only 3 months? I’m impressed!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
So welcome, as always, Anne.