I can’t believe this is my 100th post!
Little did I know when I started out, how much having a blog would mean to me, and I never thought about all the milestones I would go through having a blog.
My first post – The start of my journey!
Suddenly I had my first like and my first follower, woohoo… But how on earth did they find me?
And thank you Jen over at Me woman you man for making the first comment on my blog – oh my I was excited. The cool thing! She is still with me 🙂
Soon followed the 10th post Taking a stab at my bookshelves, my 10th like, the 10th comment and my 10th follower – Ed my dearest friend 🙂
Fast forward and I’m hitting my 100 likes, my 100 comments and after a while my 100th follow by My botanical garden.
And not to forget! My first award, a Liebster award, quickly followed by a second Liebster award I sadly never wrote about, which was given to me by My Light Bag who got it from Laura at The next 50 years who got it from me 🙂 My third award was a Sunshine award and I believe I have a fourth award waiting for me (from Heather at Simply Save) whenever I get my act together to write about it 😉
And here I am; 170 followers, 3956 views, 735 comments (I believe the stats are counting mine as well, so half maybe?), 63 countries later, doing my 100th post!
It never dawn on me, starting out, that I would find kindred spirits, make blog friends, and feel like I belong to a community. Or how I would miss people when they stopped blogging (hopefully only for a while). Or how bad I would feel when I don’t have the time or energy to keep up with my community (I guess it’s just like with regular friends).
I never thought about how much pleasure I would get out of having a blog. How my mind is forever making post in my head, even though sometimes they never make it down on “paper”.
Or how I would be changing during the course of blogging and moving along my minimalistic path. How other bloggers have made me think about all sorts of things from taking better care of the environment, become more thrifty, eat healthier, travel more, single living (nice to know I’m not alone) and take better care of my health. I even believe the blogging community helped with my decision of taking a time-out!
I just want to thank you, my faithful followers, commentators, bloggers, for making my days more cheerful, mindful, reflective and sometime just plain happy 😉
A couple of weeks ago, Heather at Simply Save nominated me to the Sunshine Award. It sure put a smile to my face, and I really appreciate it! I’m only sorry it’s taken me this long to post about it 😉
Thank you ever so much Simply Save for nominating Minimalist Sometimes to the Sunshine Award.
As part of the award requirements, I’m supposed to share seven random things about myself and nominate up to 15 bloggers!
Seven Random Things about me – hmmmm…
- I love travelling, but don’t do enough of it…
- I really, really like frozen margaritas – and as with travel, I don’t drink enough of them 😉
- My current favourite read are Clive Cussler books – how on earth will the heroes survive this time around 😉
- I once helped build a 43″ ocean sail-boat – took a few years, but also got a few years of sailing out of it
- I love my garden – if you couldn’t already tell…
- I’m a pretty good handy”man”…
- I was in Sri Lanka during the tsunami, December 26th, 2004 – I was fine, but it can’t help but change you…
Well let’s see – I can’t nominate Simply Save 😉
There are so many I would love to nominate.. like seriously waaayyy more that 15! There are so many great blogs and people out there that really motivates me, and some have even followed me since day one. But for the sake of keeping it short and saving some for later nominations 😉 I decided – 7 random facts about me – 7 nominees, that seems fitting 😉
So here they are!
Turquoise Compass – I travel vicariously through Jessica. She makes me want to pack my bag… just about every day!
The Next 50 Years – I love how Laura is embracing single living… and she makes me think!
Moving forward – It’s fun how we started our blogs around the same time, with similar ideas, and in my neighbour country 🙂
What I shed today – A shed a day for 365 days (like I originally intended) – I love it – and he puts a smile on my face!
365 Simplify – Mark’s project – writing about 365 simple things – and living a lighter life, sort of like a lot of us 🙂
Spirit Lights The Way – I love how Nancy keeps an eye on me, and cheers me on! And not to mention her thought provoking posts…!
Every Week is Green – I can’t help but admire Joanna for her aspiration for living a more eco-friendly life – she makes me more aware and inspires me to make changes…
And Heather! Thanks again for the honour, you are a sweetheart 🙂
Last week I was nominated for the Liebster blog award! How cool is that! Just three months into this blogging world 😉
The whole thing caught me completely by surprise. This is kind of random, and unexpected, and totally flattering… and it has taken me a few days to get it together. Thank you, Sandra at It’s Tidy Time for this wonderful gift.
Receiving the nomination, I got a little curious, what on earth is The Liebster Blog Award?
As far as I can see, nobody really know for sure, how or when this award started. But what I’ve gathered, is that it started as an idea, to recognize new bloggers. It’s given to bloggers by other bloggers, in order to create new connections, welcome them and bring attention to their wonderful blogs. COOL 🙂 As I find out more, I’ll put it together on a separate page
A short summary for now:
- It’s on the internet only, as a virtual award.
- It is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- “Liebster” is a German word, meaning dearest or beloved, but it can also mean favourite.
- It follows the principles of a “chain letter”, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
- Each of us choose if we want to; accept it, and continue paying it forward or refuse it.
- The “rules” have changed over time, so now several sets of rules exist.
- It seems to have been started in Germany, late 2010.
- Earliest reference I’ve found so far, is to a post on a German site December 19th, 2010.
Now back to my nomination 🙂
Thank you, Sandra over at It’s Tidy Time for nominating me for my first award, ever 🙂
Here are the RULES received from Sandra – not the original ones from back in 2010 – but a different set:
- Thank the rockin’ blogger that nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions you were given
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 500 followers
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Tag your nominees and post a comment in their blog so they know they’ve been nominated!
ANSWERS to the questions I was given:
1. Where do you like to blog? Since it’s been winter since I started my blog, I blog at home, mostly curled up in my sofa with my laptop/ipad.
2. Who is your main inspiration in life? I don’t’ think I have a main inspiration, there are so many to be inspired by. A few:
– my friends Lisa and Mia for following their dreams, love you girls!
– Ed, for being the best dad ever (and my best friend), love you sweetheart 🙂 (and no, we’re not dating 😉 )
– my dad, who sadly passed away less than a year ago
– my step-mum for putting her “best foot forward” after loosing dad, after 30 odd years
– and there are so many more, way to many to count, so I won’t…
3. How do you feel about winter? Living on the west coast of Norway, winters tend to be wet and grey! So I gotta admit I love the season of sun and warmth! But if you give me a couple of cold, sunny snow filled days? Then we’re talking…
4. What was the happiest day of your life? Happiest day, oh gosh, there are so many, how to choose? So I won’t, and leave at it that 😉
5. Which movie makes you laugh out loud, literally? It’s Complicated, with Meryl Streep, Steve Martin and Alex Baldwin
– the Skype scene in it, just about had me fall out of my movie theatre seat, I was laughing so hard.
6. What’s your favourite candy? Why! Chocolate, off course 😉
7. If you could be any animal, what would it be and why? TIGER. They are confident, strong, independent, both solitary and social animals. I don’t know if it is because I would want to be like them, or because I am like them, that they appeal to me. I actually think it’s both! I can be both strong, independent, solitary and social. I think it’s the confidence the tiger has, that I wish I had little bit more off.
8. Android or iPhone? Both
9. What would be your favourite country to visit?
Counties I’ve already been to – US – I have so many friends there
Countries I’ve never been to – Africa – I’ve always wanted to go there
10. Coffee or tea? Hmmm, Cafe Mocha – does that count?
11. What would your dream retirement scenario look like? Dream retirement! Living in a warmer climate, close to the beach, hanging out with friends, sipping margaritas 😉 and having the financial freedom to travel as much as I want.
Okay, this is going to be difficult. Hmmm, let’s see… Voila! I pass The Liebster Award to – in no apparent order 😉
The Next 50 Years
Living not Wanting
365 minus 1
Musings from a Tangled Mind
Journey thru L
Me Woman You Man
For the Love of Loving Things
There are a couple of blogs I would have loved to nominate – but they have more than 500 followers – so I’ll call them honorary mentions 😉
Simply Save – just squeaking by the 500 mark – already a Liebster – but absolutely worth a check
Life Out of the Box – I love how they use their time giving back to world by supporting school kids in less fortunate countries
Turquoise Compass – makes me want to buy a backpack – I wish I was 20 again…
QUESTIONS to my nominees
1. What is the one thing you are proud of?
2. If you won the lottery, by a substantial amount (so money was no longer a factor), what would you do?
3. Your absolute favourite dessert?
4. What three words do you think your closest friends would use to describe you and what three words would you use to describe yourself?
6. Your favourite quote?
7. Mountains or beach?
8. Can you sing?
9. What is number one on your bucket list?
10. Holy smokes! The apocalypse is here! Your family and pets are safe. You’re at home and can only take what you can carry. What do you save?
11. If you could have a teleportation device that connects your current location to one specific location, what would that location be and why?
12. You get a letter in the mail from 90-year-old you. She/He tells you 3 amazing things you’ve accomplished. What are those 3 things?
My final task, is to let the above bloggers know that I’ve tagged them.
I’m working on it. But you know what, I’ve been working on this for a while and I am anxious to get the post out of the “draft” folder, so I’m gonna go ahead and publish it and the individual notifications will show up eventually 😉
Auf Wiedersehen, mein Liebster’s 😉