So let’s see, did I ever get anything out-the-door during the month of August?
Well yes, actually I did! Even though I’m still doing pretty poorly according to my intentions 😦
Remember; I did have a day earlier in August, where I got a few things out-the-door. And I tackled my “junk” drawer. And the last day of the month, a white tornado went through my house and I ended up with another pile of stuff that will be going out of the house over the next few days. Since that pile is still pretty much sitting here.. they won’t count much on August tally, but hopefully on September they will 😉
So lets see, what did August actually amount to?
AUGUST TALLY of things “out-the-door” = 45 items
24 – items on my day getting back on my declutter wagon
- 1 jacket
- 1 pair of pants
- 1 thermal underwear top
- 6 T-shirt
- 2 pairs of knitted wool socks
- 1 BIG piece of silk – bought in Malaysia in 1995, intending to have a dress made…. like that ever happened!
- 1 clutch
- 1 bed sheet that don’t fit any of my beds…?
- 1 pair of boots – they seemed like a good idea when I got them, but they’ve never been used…
- 1 book – Thor Heyerdal, the adventurer
- 2 software CDs never used
- 4 empty DVD boxes (count as 1)
- 1 pair of sandals – never used, what was I thinking with those heels!
- 1 plastic serving tray (broken)
- 1 almanac – 2010
- 1 shirt – dads – and
- 1 cardigan – dads – they won’t ever get used and it’s been almost 1,5 years, it’s time to let them go!
Bunch of items – while clearing my junk drawer – (count as 4)
- 1 wallet (worn out)
- 1 flash-light (broken)
- Several outdoor pieces (never used, and never will be used) – count as 1
- Loads of paper/menus/business cards ++ – count as 1
In addition I finally cleared out some of my toiletries, that I talked about like forever ago in Thriftiness getting in the way of decluttering – I gave most of it to mum 🙂
- 1 big box of hairspray
- 1 box of night cream
- 1 bottle of toner
- 1 bottle of serum
- 1 small bag of miscellaneous make-up/trial creams/++
- 1 bottle of massage oil (it was so old it went into the trash)
- Bunch of other stuff – count as 1
- 1 bottle of shampoo
- 1 bottle of conditioner
And a few things from my “white tornado” day have actually made it out-the-door 🙂
- 1 Backpack (a friend of mine, way more sporty than me – took this one, and cover and Adidas bag)
- 1 travel cover for backpack
- 1 Adidas bag
- 1 sports bag
- 3 pc bags
- 1 weight lift bar (given to a friend, who hopefully will use this more that I ever did 😉 )
So that’s it, for the month of August – 45 items. Not to shabby after all 😉
One thought on “August tally”