I got my hands on a printer/scanner a few days ago, and I’ve have checked it out some… so far it seems to do what I want.
I have a pretty good photo printer from before, so for me to go out and buy a new “printer”, this product had to tick a few boxes.
- It had to do duplex scans – for my paper monster project
- It had to do good quality photo prints – for when I create photo albums
- It had to be Wi-Fi – for me to be able to print from pc/Ipad/phone
- It would be nice if it did duplex prints – I have info that needs to be printed on a regular basis
- It would be nice if it would scan wirelessly to my computer – saves me from having to use cable
- It would be nice if I could print on CD/DVD’s – don’t use this feature much anymore, but…
I looked long and hard, and it turns out it’s not that easy to find a small home product that will do automatic duplex scans, and have a document feeder that can take several documents in one go. They do a lot of office related machines, but they are often bigger, more expensive, and don’t do really good photo prints (which was a big thing for me.. as I do print a few photos now and then).
I found that for home use it seems like HP, Epson and Canon have a couple of products (that will do both duplex and decent photo prints). I’ve always used Canon before, but I find the newer models not as sleek as they used to be (they need more flat space for placement), and I decided on Epson this time around.
I bought the Epson Expression Photo XP-860, which covers all the items on my wish list, and Epson are supposed to be good on photo printing and it gets pretty good reviews, so it’s worth a try…
If I’m not happy? Not a problem, as I can return it! They have brilliant return policies on a lot of electronic shops here in Norway 🙂
And if I’m happy? Then it’s a keeper, and my old one will be an item “out-the-door” – given away to a printer needing person 🙂
So, guess there is no excuse anymore! I have a scanner, now I just need to get going with my sorting, shredding, scanning and archiving 🙂
Stay tuned.. you know I’ll keep you updated 😉