I was thinking that now is as good a time as ever, to start back up again…
Yesterday I pulled everything out, and stacked it nicely on and around my dining room table. As you can see, from the picture below, it’s quite a load… “tons and tons” of albums, negatives and loose photos.
The goal is to sort out the keepers and scan them, as I want them digitized. Then after that “little” deed is done – OK maybe not so little, as I have a few thousand photos, and I’m sure, that even after I ruthlessly go through them, I will end up with another few thousand to scan – I will sort out the ones I would like to put into albums.
I’m hoping to get down to about a couple of thousand photos to scan, and less than a thousand to put into the albums. Wish me luck, because from the pile you see, it’s not going to be an easy task! Guess I’ll just have to eat this particular “elephant”, one album at a time… 😉
With all these small projects I have going, you know… the photo collection, my dads boxes, DVD project and collection all sorts of stuff in boxes for my neighbour to have a look, before I get rid of them, my house is in shambles. Serious shambles! And I just can’t procrastinate any more (which I have done a serious job at the last couple of days), and today I just need to get it done.
Do you ever find that you have so many things you are working on at one time, that you are suddenly overwhelmed with stuff?
Well that’s been me (and my living room) the last week or so. Right now I have so much photo stuff stacked around my living room table that I can hardly get to my sofa any more, without stepping over piles. Or for that sake put down my morning tea, without having to move several stacks away.. even just writing this post I have to dig out some space on my table for my pc…
Well enough of that, I’m going to put everything back where it came from, clean up the place and start over, one item at the time, one box, one album!
I might not have the same progress on the projects (you know – out of sight, out of mind) but at least I’ll have some piece of mind when I’m sitting in my living room.
Oh yeah, I should probably let you in on one more incentive! My neighbours mum is coming over on Friday for a cup of coffee… another good reason to get my house in order, wouldn’t you say? 😉
OK – we are still working on the lights, countertop light this time. You know, the one’s that are mounted under the upper cabinets! I have 5 of those.
First day with lights was a bit fiddly because I didn’t have a lot of space to work with. This job, plenty of space, but more work.
When we installed the kitchen originally, we used some cover panels underneath the cabinets, to make everything look nice. It also gave us the opportunity to hide the wires for the under cabinet lighting.
This time around I decided to recess the new lights into the cover plates. I figured it would be a much nicer look, than putting them on the outside, like the old one was. Since these lights have their own wiring system, we needed to get a little creative for how to hide the wires. and we decided to make an individual “groove” in the panels for each wire. Off course I completely forgot to take a photo during this process? Even though you can see what I’m talking about, on the first photo, on the second photo collage.
Pulling down the cover plates with the old lights, was easy enough, just unscrew, cut the wires and the panels was off.
Removing the old lights, easy peasy! Installing new ones? Not quite so much, but I guess that’s always what happens. It’s easy to tear down, not so easy to “build up”.
Fortunately I have pretty good tools, and as we know good tools are half the work. That all worked really well, until we tried to drill the holes for the lamps. Turned out my 56mm cutting tool, just didn’t want to corporate 😦
So what is a girl to do? Well the only solution was to buy a new one, and since we had to pack up to leave the house any-ways, this was a perfect time to do lunch 🙂
Back home again, I have to admit, it almost took longer to get the tools out, than to drill the 5 holes for the lamps.
Lamps installed (using screws, not clips 😉 ), wires installed in their “groves” (with a little help of tape to keep the wires in place), and we were ready for first panel/plate to go back up. This one only had one light so easy. Second plate, with two lights, just as easy, now the final and last plate, turned out to be the one to give us trouble! Mostly, due to the fact that the wires from the second plate, continued in “groves/channels” in the third plate… Crap! Fiddly stuff again 😦
We attacked the third plate, got the wires in place, pulled nicely at them to straighten as we “feed” the third plate closer and closer to the second. Screwed it all in place…. and is was crocked at the back, a wire had caught! Down again and start over! Second time around we had it down to a fine art, and within 20 minutes it was done.
Connected all the wires to the transformer, turned it on. Woohoo, it works!
Now if the rest would just be this easy (even though it took us all day) 😉
It’s midsummer eve bonfire night in my neighbourhood. Every year we have a bonfire around June 23.
We have a a big bonfire and a band.
This time of year the days are just about the longest we have, and since the bonfire really is for the kids they tend to light the fire around 7 pm even though it’s not dark yet (don’t’ really get dark until after midnight).
It’s fun, listening to the kids having fun, laughter, screams, kids running around and a whole lot of sound from the music they are playing 😉
Just wanted to share some pictures of the bonfire this year!
HAPPY MIDSUMMER EVE, everyone 🙂